Simmer is starting to take over the fan base in Philly. It’s almost a full-fledged love affair (at least, I’m in love).
Before we get started, cue the music!
OK, First off, holy tits. What a hockey game. And that’s just a regular season match-up Back and forth and back and forth all night, a hat-trick, a Gordie Howe hat-trick, a kick-in no-goal, a 5-on-3 goal, big saves, bad saves, timeouts, yelling, high sticks, blood! It had it all!
Danny Briere and Tanner Glass (who fought Wayne Simmonds) had some fun after the game (I bulleted the quotes for you, because I know no one likes to read anything, anymore):
Here is Glass when asked if there is a dirtier player than the Pens, Matt Cooke (which there is not).
- “I think so,” Glass told the Courier-Post before the Flyers-Penguins game at Consol Energy Center. “For being a guy who is known as a skill guy, an offensive player, if you look back at some of his clips, his play in the past … there’s some dirty plays. He’ll give you a stick in the …”
- “For sure Briere, he’s a shifty character out there,” Glass told Pittsburgh’s 970 ESPN. “I think he’s one of the dirtiest players in the league, to be honest. He’s undercover dirty. … You go back on his resume, things he’s been penalized for and suspensions and things like that, and you’d be surprised how many things you’d find on him.”
Danny B, fired back.
- “Maybe he’s trying to be Sean Avery wanting to stir the pot. You know what, at least I’m leaving an impression out there. Has he left an impression?”
- “Honestly, I didn’t even know who he [Glass] was. It’s funny how a guy like that who played about three years in the league thinks he came come in and make comments like that. I might have played once against him in Winnipeg. Maybe we have our history in PlayStation. That’s probably where he remembers me from. That’s about the only place I played against him.”
Let’s hear from another Penguin on the matter, Kris Letang. What do you think about all this, Kris?
- “Well, he’s a very good friend of mine,” Letang said of Briere. “He’s never done anything wrong to me. If somebody’s got issues with him, it’s their problem.”
Best rivalry in sports right now? Definitely in hockey.
Full story via USAToday.com.
Highlights of Simmer’s GH hat-trick and Voracek’s real hat-trick, after the jump…
Simmer! (2 goals, an assist, and a fight with Glass):
And…the game winner:
Ps. How great is Doc Emrick? Best announcer, in any sport, as far as I’m concerned.