Is there a more unfortunate person in the world that would go away to Boston for four days, drinking to oblivion and celebrating the new year with friends, than someone who runs a Philadelphia/Penn State sports blog? Didn’t think so.
The Eagles fired Andy Reid, O’Brien rumors swirling, and 2012 ladies and gents is now 2013 ladies and gents! Where do I start?
No more Andy Reid as Eagles head coach. Let that sink in. 14 years…done. Wow.
- First, Lurie’s presser:
- Second, LeSean McCoy had some things to say about his teammates:
[PhillyMag] “I think guys made a lot of excuses,” McCoy said. “Guys maybe weren’t playing up to par, guys weren’t focusing enough, guys making a certain amount of money, not putting out. So I think guys were looking for excuses.”
Did the players leave it all on the line for their coach?
“I don’t think they did,” McCoy said. “I don’t think some players did at all. That’s obvious. You see some of the scores, you see some of the plays, you see some of the stuff happening. You don’t see Coach Reid out there just making errors like that. I think some of the things you’re asking me are obvious. Did guys lay it down on the line? I mean, you see the games.”
- Third, VIDEO: Lurie honors Reid on PhiladelphiaEagles.com right after firing him.
- Fourth, David Jones says O’Brien will interview with the Eagles, among other teams:
[PennLive] I’ve been told that the Philadelphia Eagles, Cleveland Browns and Arizona Cardinals plan to interview him and that the Eagles’ owner Jeffrey Lurie is in particular very intrigued.
- Fifth, how should we feel if B.O.B left PSU?
[PennLive] It really is becoming simply a matter of whether Bill O’Brien is a man of his word. Which would set him apart from pretty much every other major-college and NFL coach who’s ever denied interest in a bigger job and then taken it.
- Sixth, FoxSports.com is reporting O’Brien’s buyout is actually $18.4 million, not $9 million!
- Seventh, Gov. Tom Corbett plans to sue the NCAA in federal court over the sanctions imposed on Penn State.